It’s Banned Books Week 2010!
It’s Banned Books Week, folks. Click on the link to find ideas and resources to spread the word.
Here are some of the reasons why.
Banned and Challenged Classics
4. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
5. The Color Purple by Alice Walker
13. Charlotte’s Web by E.B. White
33. The Call of the Wild by Jack London
40. The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien
56. Jazz by Toni Morrison
79. The Maltese Falcon by Dashiell Hammett
81. Wide Sargasso Sea by Jean Rhys
90. The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame
95. Kim by Rudyard Kipling
Safe to say I wouldn’t have made it through childhood without some of these books. Go here to read the full list.
Letting someone tell you what you can or can’t read is downright unAmerican. There is an Amazon buy link beneath each title. Please do feel free to click on them to buy a copy.
Dana View All →
Author and founder of Storyknife.org.
Leave a Reply